LA Auto Show #ElevateYourRide – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: LA Auto Show #ElevateYourRide
(\”Contest\”) begins on 11/18/22 at 9:00 AM PST and ends on 11/27/22 at 11:59 PM PST (the \”Contest Period\”).
Throughout the Contest Period, eligible entrants will be invited to post a photo of their car(s) on Instagram (the “Submission”), as more fully set forth below. Eligible Submissions will be judged by representatives of Sponsor or its designee. At the conclusion of the Contest Period, 3 winners will be selected, as described herein.
The sponsor of this Contest is LA Auto Show (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each “Entrant” (as defined below) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of “Entries” (as defined below) and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsor may be reached by phone at 310-444-1850 during the Contest Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older (the \”Entrant\”). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (the \”Contest Entities\”), are ineligible to enter the promotion or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence for at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Instagram. Instagram is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest.
You may enter the Contest via Instagram by going to https://www.instagram.com, logging into your Instagram account; posting your Submission along with the Hashtags #ElevateYourRide and #Contest (the “Required Hashtags”) and @LAAutoShow (the “Tag”) on Instagram. Submission must be posted to the entrant’s non-private Instagram account; MUST include a photo of a vehicle at the LA Auto Show, and MUST include the Required Hashtags and Tag to be eligible as an entry into the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person and per social media account. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the limitation stated will be void.
Each Submission must meet the following “Submission Requirements” (any Submission that, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
- Entrant must be the rightful owner of the Submission included with the entry or must have the rights, title, and interest necessary to utilize the Submission for the Contest in compliance with these Official Rules;
- Entrant must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address associated with the entry and Submission;
- Submission must NOT contain any material that infringes or violates any right of a third party including copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights. For example, Submission should NOT contain reference to sports team logos, celebrities, names or logos of businesses, music or lyrics, other than your car;
- Submission must NOT include third parties/people, who have not expressly authorized in writing the entrant to feature their name, image, or likeness in the Submission or otherwise use such name, image, or likeness in accordance with these Official Rules (if applicable, any selected winner may be required to verify such authorization in the form of a release);
- Submission must NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of the Contest Entities, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), defamatory, libelous, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., illegal gambling, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable;
- Submission must NOT contain any content that promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Submission must NOT contain any personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
- Submission must NOT communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- Submission must NOT violate any law;
- Submission must NOT contain any derogatory references to any of the Contest Entities.
Note: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry in the Contest if Sponsor views the Submission as potentially infringing or otherwise a violation or potential violation of a third party’s rights or if it deems the Submission to be lacking in taste, quality, or to be otherwise objectionable. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Submission Requirements in its reasonable discretion.
Entrants understand that they are posting their Submission at their sole risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any claims arising from the Submissions, specifically including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, as well as violations of the respective social media platform’s terms and conditions. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such entry. Furthermore, Sponsor shall have no liability for any entry that is lost, intercepted or not received by the Sponsor.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Contest Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At the conclusion of the Contest Period a panel of judges, consisting of representatives of Sponsor, will review the eligible entries and 3 potential winners will be selected. The potential winners will be selected based on the following judging criteria: creativity – 33%; originality – 33%; compliance with the theme – 34%. In the event of a tie, the tied entrants will be re-judged by an additional judge who will serve as a tie-breaker using the same criteria as outlined herein. The potential prize winner(s) will be notified by direct message via Instagram or a comment on their post and must reply to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of receipt. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified.
5. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission is the entrant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; and (iii) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all third-party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants to Sponsor, its designees, affiliates, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display the Submission in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol in perpetuity and throughout the universe for advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest and other promotions. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the entry for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein.
7. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
1st Greek Theater – the value of $1,750
Premium tickets for a concert of choice with VIP Entry and VIP Parking.
2nd LA Phil / Walt Disney Concert Hall – the value of $350
Two tickets to Walt Disney Concert Hall.
3rd San Laurel Restaurant at the Conrad LA Hotel – the value of $250
Dinner for two at Jose Andres’s Restaurant, San Laurel in DTLA.
4th 115-year LA Auto Show Merch package – the value of $150
Limited 115-year LA Auto Show Merchandise package.
Prizes will be distributed digitally or ready for physical pick up in Los Angeles within two (2) weeks of winner confirmation.
Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Any winner of prize valued at $600 or more will receive an IRS 1099 form following receipt of the prize.
Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished by third parties in connection with the Contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend the Contest, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Contest.
10. NO OBLIGATION TO USE: Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
11. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
12. WINNER’S LIST: Winners include Christopher Sanders, Mark Vidreiro, Franklin Gardener Jr., and Raymond Yu
13. SPONSOR: the LA Auto Show | 801 S. Grand, Suite 375, Los Angeles, CA 90017 |
Tel: 310.444.1850 | [email protected]
The FTC requires that all content posted on social media as an entry into a contest or sweepstakes includes a disclosure stating same via a hashtag. The most common hashtag here is #Contest, but you can also use #Entry or incorporate the word Contest or Entry as part of your campaign hashtag, e.g. #LoveYourRideEntry