- 35+ Announcements by Leading Global Brands Including Lexus, Lincoln, Mercedes-Benz, Microsoft, Nissan, Porsche, Verizon Telematics
- Autoliv, BMW Group, Intel, Panasonic, Toyota Research Institute and Waymo Executives Among the 40+ Speakers to Take the Stage at the AutoMobility LA Conference
LOS ANGELES, CA (October 19, 2017) – The Los Angeles Auto Show’s (LA Auto Show®) AutoMobility LA™, the first true trade show for the new transportation sector, today announced its full schedule (including its press conference lineup). Preceding the 110th consumer show, AutoMobility LA offers media and industry professionals the opportunity to attend four days of thought-provoking programming and experiences including global vehicle unveilings, test drives, product demonstrations, networking events, discussion panels and keynote presentations featuring entrepreneurs from growing startups alongside executives from established technology and automotive companies.
The show kicks off on Monday, November 27, with the “Securing Mobility Summit” – an all-new, one-day event that discusses all aspects surrounding cybersecurity and the automotive industry. Tuesday’s talks will cover industry hot topics including artificial intelligence, autonomy, ride sharing, cybersecurity and electrification to name a few. Alongside the keynotes by BMW Group, Panasonic and Waymo, Jan Carlson, CEO of Autoliv, will deliver his keynote via a fireside chat on Tuesday to discuss how automakers can deliver autonomous products that are easy to understand and use, as well as the safety challenges that lie ahead.
Wednesday morning will kick off with the Motoring Invitational celebrating Prestone Products Corporation’s 90th anniversary, followed by important announcements from both the Motor Press Guild and the North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle judging committees. Prior to the first vehicle debut of the show, the CEO of Intel will keynote for the second consecutive year. Thursday will open with important green announcements by Toyota, Green Car Journal and Washington Auto Show, followed by a full day of press conferences featuring global and North American debuts by new and established automotive and mobility brands.
The full agenda for AutoMobility LA 2017 is available at http://automobilityla.com/schedule/.
Schedule highlights include:
- Monday, Nov. 27
- Securing Mobility Summit
- Networking reception and kickoff party
- Tuesday, Nov. 28
- Panel discussions and keynotes include:
- Keynote: Peter Schwarzenbauer, BMW Board Member
- Panel – The Future of Human Driving: Moderator: Alex Roy, The Drive. Panelists: J.R. Hildebrand, American Racecar Driver; Dan Greenawalt, Turn 10/Microsoft; Daniel Simon, Cosmic Motors
- Keynote: Panasonic North American CEO Tom Gebhardt
- Solo Talk – The Battle of the Battery: Peter Rawlinson, Lucid Motors
- Panel – Roadside Ransomware…Fact or Fiction: Moderator: Jeffrey Carr, cybersecurity expert. Speakers: Matt Carpenter, Grimm; Andre Weimerschirch, LEAR Corporation; Sanchi Jayaram, National Security, US Department of Justice
- Keynote – Autonomous Tomorrow: John Krafcik, Waymo
- Keynote – The Heart of the Autonomous Car: Gill Pratt, Toyota Research Institute
- Panel – Look Both Ways: The Intersection of Horizontal and Vertical Transportation: Moderator: Jack Stewart, WIRED. Panelists: Ashish Kumar, Zunum Aero; Paul DeLorean, DeLorean Aerospace
- Keynote: Jan Carlson, President, and CEO of Autoliv (interviewed by CNET’s Brian Cooley)
- Press conferences from Analog, Hyundai, Microsoft, RIDECELL and Verizon Telematics
- Announcement of AutoMobility LA’s Top Ten Automotive Startups Competition winner
- Panel discussions and keynotes include:
- Wednesday, Nov. 29 and Thursday, Nov. 30
- Keynote: Brian Krzanich, CEO of Intel (Wednesday)
- Major auto manufacturer press conferences, vehicle debuts and test drives
- Announcement of the Design & Developer Challenge presented by Microsoft, “Smarter L.A. 2060” winner (Wednesday)
- Announcement of Green Car Journal’s “Green Car of the Year” award by Green Car Institute’s Ron Cogan (Thursday)
“Looking at this year’s schedule, we are excited to have so many significant players in the automotive and technology industries participating in the show,” said Lisa Kaz, President and CEO of LA Auto Show and AutoMobility LA. “As the technology and automotive industries continue to blend, it is important to foster a close relationship between the two. This schedule is a true testament to just that and we are pleased with how it’s come together.”
Formerly known as Press & Trade Days and Connected Car Expo, AutoMobility LA is an annual event that showcases the latest in automotive innovation and aims to further the discussion around an ever-changing industry. A gathering of leading technology companies, automakers, designers, entrepreneurs, government officials and more, AutoMobility LA is where attendees gain insights from a diverse mix of thought-leaders, explore auto-tech exhibits and more. Following AutoMobility LA, all of this year’s vehicle debuts will be on display at the 2017 LA Auto Show (open to the public December 1-10).
To register for AutoMobility LA, please visit: http://automobilityla.com/register/.
About the Los Angeles Auto Show and AutoMobility LA
Founded in 1907, the Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) is the first major North American auto show of the season each year. In 2016, the show’s Press & Trade Days merged with the Connected Car Expo (CCE) to become AutoMobility LATM, the industry’s first trade show converging the technology and automotive industries to launch new products and technologies and to discuss the most pressing issues surrounding the future of transportation and mobility. AutoMobility LA 2017 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center Nov. 27-30, with manufacturer vehicle debuts intermixed. LA Auto Show 2017 will be open to the public Dec. 1-10. AutoMobility LA is where the new auto industry gets business done, unveils groundbreaking new products and makes strategic announcements in front of media and industry professionals from around the globe. LA Auto Show is operated by ANSA Productions. To receive the latest show news and information, follow LA Auto Show on Twitter at twitter.com/LAAutoShow, via Facebook at facebook.com/LAAutoShow or on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/laautoshow/ and sign up for alerts at http://www.laautoshow.com/. For more information about AutoMobility LA, please visit http://www.automobilityla.com/.